Over the last few days we have done nil climbing and plenty of waiting and walking to try and find conditions to climb in. Talking the forecast into account we travelled East on Wednesday looking for cooler temperatures and shorter approaches however, in hind sight we would have been better staying over West Coast. Thursday morning the Ski road up to Cairngorm was closed and Friday it rained as we stood under The Lamp trying to decide if it was worth a soggy ascent! The only other team we actually saw climbing (and not wandering around the corrie waiting for colder conditions) managed to get established on White Magic however when we got onto the lower slopes the traverse over to that particular area didnt look so inviting.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Overall a good few days with Duncan who is now heading back South. Lets hope the forecast ‘Alpine’ Conditions materialise this week…..